Donnerstag, November 27, 2014

The Clever Farmer and The king


An old farmer was once planting mango trees his garden. A king and his courtiers happened to pass that way. ‘’Why are you planting these trees, when you know that you cannot live to eat their fruit? ’’.’’Your majesty’’,
said the farmer,’’ my ancestors planted trees, and I ate their fruit. Now I am planting these in my old age. I may not live long enough to eat their fruit, but my children and grand-children will’’.
The king was greatly pleased to hear his reply. And he asked his minister to give him a hundred thousand dirhams as reward for his labor. The old farmer was greatly pleased to receive the sum and said. ‘’Your majesty! I am very proud to get the fruit of my trees as soon as I planted them’’. The king was pleased all the more to hear these words. And he ordered his minister to give the farmer a hundred thousand dirhams more as reward for his clever reply. He was indeed very lucky to receive two rewards from the king within a few minutes only.

0 kommentar:

Kommentar veröffentlichen